Today I attended the Central Valley Power Summit hosted by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force at Fresno State University. It was an activist boot camp that really got me fired up and ready to "do something." At the end of the day we actually went out into the field and talked to strangers on the street. I can't believe how many supportive people there are out there. I believe we can defeat these constitutional amendment crooks!
Funny story: I approached people standing outside a theatre in the "gay" side of town. One couple, in particular, got very frigid as I started in on my speech about the radical right wing groups who will try to get a constitutional amendment passed. The woman had a plastic smile and said, "We're not from this side of town."
My reply was, "Oh, really, neither am I."
Priceless.
-Beth
Saturday, July 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment