
We had an excellent turnout at a Gay Rights Rally in Modesto. Approximately 100 people came out to hold up signs and protest the Governator's veto of our marriage bill AB 849. It was really empowering to stand out there with so many people and receive such a great response. So many cars honked their support and people gave thumbs up. Only a few people showed obvious disapproval.

I held a sign that said "Marriage is between two loving people" and "Gay Rights are Civil Rights." I was on T.V. at the centralvalleyreport.com, and in the Modesto Bee. Woo Hoo.
One gentleman decided to directly engage us by repeatedly chanting, "What you are supporting is wrong!" When I asked him to explain himself, his eyes sort-of glazed over. I really think the Reasoning Center in his brain was disengaged, because it looked as if he was just reciting from memory. We tried to open a dialogue with the guy, but it wasn't happening; He was in pure "You are the agents of Satan!" mode. Oh well. I certainly hope he didn't lose sleep over the incident.-Beth


No comments:
Post a Comment