Have you ever had a dream where it was like changing channels on the television? Your dream did not stick with one subject, but kept jumping around? Also, have you ever had a dream that was so vivid it stuck with you for a few moments upon waking?
This is what I remember of my dreams last night. In one part of my dream, I was walking barefoot down the sidewalk, then looked back and saw my wet footprints trailing back for a ways. I didn't remember having walked through water, but when I looked back, there was a garden hose running water across the sidewalk, and into the gutter, and my footprints leading out of the water and towards me.
Switch channels - I continued the dream with Cynthia and I driving in the mountains. There was a beautiful view, with smoke lingering in the creases of the hills. We began to cross a long bridge going over a wide vast canyon, when I chose the wrong moment to distract her from driving. She looked over her shoulder to answer my question, and the car drifted off the roadway and became airborne. Cynthia calmly said, "Oh my God. I'm sorry Beth. I love you."
I said, "I love you too," and touched her shoulder reassuringly. We both knew that we had seconds before impact and this was our final goodbye. Cynthia then began to recite the Lord's Prayer, "Our Father, Who art in Heaven, Hallowed be thy Name...," when I decided to wake up.
The dream was so vivid, and the sensation of falling so, real, that I found it a little hard to shake the dream upon waking. I looked at my alarm clock which read 2:38 a.m., as the sensation of free-falling began to wear off. The words Our Father, Who Art in Heaven lingered in my head (like those mornings when I wake up and immediately begin humming a song in my head).
Later that morning Cynthia came home from work and I told her about my dream as she was getting ready for bed.
I asked her what she thought about my dream, worried what she would say. She light-heartedly stated,"Well, I am a bad driver!"
OMG, LOL. I love that woman.
-Beth
Friday, March 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment