Congratulations on your hard fought victory.
Your actions have caused me the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced. I know what persecution feels like now, and it's not good. It makes you cry. It drives you mad.
To Yes on 8 voters in the LDS Church: For a people that have tasted persecution and know what it's like, you are the least compassionate people on the face of the earth. Shame on you.
You would not look me in the eyes. You would not take my hand when I offered a handshake. You refused to recognize my humanity, and instead hid behind a political sign.
Shame on you.
To the First Baptist Church in Modesto. Shame on you for preaching lies and bearing false witness against me. Shame on you.
To Calvary Chapel in Modesto. Shame on you for blatantly flaunting the election laws by having "Yes on 8" signs on your property WHEN YOU ARE A POLLING PLACE!!! And forcing us to vote in a chapel. You don't have available Classrooms??? Shame on you.
All of you took your tithes, and you gave it to a political campaign. And boyyyyy did they spend it. They spent it by putting out television advertisements that OPENLY LIED. A 10 minute internet search proves they are lying. But you...like the sheep that you are, gave your money blindly, and voted blindly.
You walked right past me when I attempted to speak with you 1 last time before you voted. You had the time. The poll was in no danger of closing. You wouldn't have even helped me up if I had fallen, I'm sure of it.
And if you come back with, "I have gay friends" or "I don't have anything against Gay People." Just shut up. Because you're lying. You're lying to me and you're lying to yourself.
You can't have gay friends, and take away the most blessed and wonderful thing in their life. You can't spit at their love, and call them friend. You are destroying the very values you profess to care about.
Shame on you.
-Beth Holden-Soto
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment