My sister is staying at my house and it's been a little, um, trying. She woke me up this morning, which really pissed me off. Then she asked me if I could put Lilo & Stitch on for the girls, and then she asked me if I could watch them so she could go to the store. Ummm... No.
"Please, Beth. Just watch them. I won't be gone long."
"No, thank you," I said.
"Oh, come on Beth. I'll only be gone for 10 seconds," she countered.
"I doubt that very highly," I responded.
"Oh, geez. I won't be gone long," and she walked out the door.
Mm.Kay. So that really annoyed me. If I hadn't been groggy I would have told her emphatically NO take your girls with you. Also, she was chatting with her friend over Instant Messenger and I noticed that the last thing she typed was, "I'm staying over at my sister's house. She has a Mac...it sux."
That was the gauntlet being slapped in my face! What a bitch.
She really has nerve. I told her yesterday that I wanted her to use her time at my house constructively. I said, specifically, that I did not want her playing on the computer all day long, that I want her to work on her resume and search for jobs so that she could improve her life. She did not do anything that I asked her to do. In fact, when I came home last night she left the living room a mess with toys everywhere, dirty diapers in the waste basket, and dishes in the sink. I think she has no respect for anyone that helps her out.
At this point, I feel like I'm enabling her to be lazy. Instead of going over to my parent's house during the day to help them clean or to help them at all, she stays here all day sleeping in dirty clothes in my bed, chatting or playing video poker on the computer, and all the while the girls entertain themselves.
My goal is to lay down the law when she returns from the store. We'll see what happens.
-Beth
Saturday, June 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment