
Well, hmmm.
I used to be involved exclusively in environmental education and activism, and now, because the radical right is trying to take away my Domestic Partnership Rights, I have had to switch gears and focus exclusively on Civil Rights.
That doesn't mean that I'm not still an environmentalist, and frankly, this trend of super hurricanes has gotten my attention. They are bad. Very Very bad.
The scientists that environmental groups have been quoting for years are probably having to bite their tongues so as not to say "I told you so;" Global warming trends being the probable cause of these massive hurricanes.
This morning I read that Tropical Storm Wilma has become a category 5 hurricane overnight as it traveled through warm waters south of the Gulf of Mexico. It is expected to make landfall in Southern Florida within the next few days.
This is definitely one to watch. I hope everyone who can evacuate, will evacuate.
-Beth


No comments:
Post a Comment