Sunday, July 16, 2006

Don't you get it?

You say we are not worthy.
You say God does not approve.
You say we made a wrong choice.
You constantly reprove.

I say F@#$ You, you don't know what you are talking about.
I say F@#$ You, you don't speak for God.
I say F@#$ You, when exactly did you make the choice to be heterosexual?

I see what you do not see (or choose not to see)
I see her eyes
I see her looking at me

She sees Me (Don't you get it?!)
She sees Me (Don't you care?!)

While I stand in front of the mirror:
scrutinizing (my profile)
analyzing(my muscle tone)
complaining (about my gut)
"Damn, Why Can't I lose this Gut!"

She sees none of it (Don't you get it?!)
She sees Me (Don't you Care?!)
The real me (Don't you get it?!)

She sees even what I can not

There is love there. I shouldn't have to defend it; Don't you get it?

No comments: