Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Letter to Barack Obama regarding Rick Warren Invitation


On June 17, 2008, I had the happiest day of my life. I married my wife Cynthia Soto. On November 4, 2008, I had the worst day of my life. While I was very happy that you had won the election, and would be our next president, I spent the next week crying my eyes out that Proposition 8 had passed in California. At a time when I was so excited about CHANGE coming to America, I was absolutely crushed by the blatant prejudice I experienced from my fellow man during the Prop 8 campaign. I literally cried all day on November 5th. Do you know what it's like to have your rights taken away from you all because people don't like who you are? I attached a photo from our wedding day. My wife was completely overjoyed and shouted, "We Did It!"

That's why I am very upset by your pick of Rick Warren to lead the Invocation at your Inauguration. That will completely tarnish the moment for me and lots of people I know. We won't be able to think of the joy of seeing you take the oath of office, we'll just be fuming over this very evil man being up on stage with you. Did you know that he does not allow gay people to become a member of his church? Do you know the things he said about us to get his congregation to vote Yes on Prop 8? Horrible things. Absolutely horrible things. He is a bad person. Don't associate yourself with him, Please!

No comments: